[TowerTalk] Amidon UNUNs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Amidon UNUNs
From: WR34SHE@shellus.com (WR34SHE@shellus.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 97 16:13:07 CST
FROM: SAM EFFINGER  K9SD
SUBJECT: Amidon UNUNs
I bought about 500 feet of catv cable that is direct bury.  I plan on
using some UNUNs from Amidon to convert from 75 to 50 ohms and was wondering
if anyone else has used them?

I don't run anything over the legal limit but I am concerned that with a
power rating of 1kw continuous and 2kw pep if I will have any problems
with the Amidon UNUNs heating during a contest?   excluding rtty.

Also there was something on the reflector about a place that had cable ends
for catv.  I will make them if needed but am curious as to what one already
made up costs.

Amidon also has some other interesting products like the rhombic/v-beam
antenna UNUNs...any folks using these???

I gave $50 for the cable and thought it was worth that...but then I voted for
Nixon twice ---Regan twice---and Perot once--- Dole once--- now I am beginning
to doubt my decision making abilities in all things....

Thanks for reading this and for any replies...

73/Sam   K9SD

                  K9SD