[TowerTalk] Soldering corroded antenna wires

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Soldering corroded antenna wires
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 01:05:08 -0500
Hi John et al,

If I'm not mistaken I read somewhere or heard that using lemon juice (or is
it a weak solution of lemon juice concentrate) on your heated joints will
take the place of any paste flux and help make a beautiful solder job.  I
think the juice was used in the manufacture of printed circuit boards to
reduce the need for polluting solvents to remove the flux from the boards.
For some reason I get the feeling I saw this on Discovery 2000 cable show on
the Discover Channel.

Now I too am confused.  All these years we've been told not to use acid
solder on electrical connections. Why? And then again.... Why Not? This is
fascinating stuff since probably every single one of us needs this
information at one time or another.

Roger, K2JAS  (Just About Snookered)