[TowerTalk] TelRex Rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TelRex Rotor
From: n4si@pobox.com (n4si@pobox.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 13:29:15 +0000
> Does anyone know how to get in touch with C. Ercolino?  Young
> Charlie was already running TelRex (or running it down) when I
> purchased...

Funny you should ask. I was discussing Telrex antennas with a friend
over lunch yesterday, and I couldn't recall some details, and some I
don't know about Telrex. I thought, "hey, what is Towertalk for,
anyway?"

So, here are some questions:

I recall reading some stuff in either NCJ or Yuri's great, but
short-lived Radiosporting about problems with Telrex. They included
breakage of parts and an impasse with Telrex over why.

I had personal experience in the inability to get responses from
Telrex regarding parts and data for second hand antennas. I heard
stories that they wouldn't support second hand antennas.

I haven't seen ads for some time.

Was Telrex at one time a great antenna, as I had been led to believe?
What happened?
Is it really gone now?

Thanks, not in advance (stupid internet), but right now, because I
appreciate the fact that you're even reading this, but not thanks for
reading this (stupid packet), just because expressing that
appreciation is always appropriate in personal interactions. Please
don't copy this last paragraph in replies (stupid e-mail) as it
wastes bandwidth. Harrumph!

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996