[TowerTalk] Modeling traps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Modeling traps
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 10:52:15 -0500 (EST)
A small number of folks have either raised questions to me about modeling
trap antennas or have expressed doubts that they could.  Actually,
modeling traps is a straightforward process, but with a pitfall or two, if
one ignores situations that change with frequency.  I have set up some
notes on the process at my web site, with a couple of worked examples (a
dipole and a test-model 2-element Yagi--sorry, no commercial antennas), to
help folks with the process.  It is too long for posting here.  Hope it is
useful.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu