[TowerTalk] Fwd: How to... X-Q stacked.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: How to... X-Q stacked.
From: UpTheTower@aol.com (UpTheTower@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 13:03:16 -0500 (EST)
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:   vasmas@ham.isu.runnet.ru (Vasili S. Maslyukov)
To:     owner-towertalk@contesting.com
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: 97-04-01 10:52:23 EST

Hello Towertalkians,

I started to work in the air back in 1973 year. Since then I have
made several antennas mostly quads. Now I am going to make a new
one  4 X-Q x 2  for 15 meter band.  I have several questions.

I want the antenna to be stacked horizontally.
 - do I have (or can I) connect two driven quads in parallel
   and then make match to the coax feedline (X-Quads have high
   impedance of about 2000 Om - maybe this is worthwhile to connect
   them in parallel first?)
    or
 - have I match to the coax feedline each driven quad first and
   then match these coax feedlines to a main feedline?

If somebody has an experience in using an X-Quad antenna please
share with me your experience.

73! UA0SN
Wasya
Irkutsk city, near Lake Baikal, Siberia, Russia
---
*  UA0SN             Tel +7(3952)31 9181  E-mail:vasmas@HAM.isu.runnet.ru *
*  Vasili MASLYUKOV  Irkutsk, P.O.Box 323, 664050, Russia                 *
*  NorCal #750       QTH Locator: OO22di        IRK time = GMT+8          *