[TowerTalk] Room For Shorty Above TH11

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Room For Shorty Above TH11
From: k4kr@altlaw.com (Dean Fredriksen)
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 1997 07:40:11 -0500
Barry and Steve,

I have a 40-2CD mounted above my TH7.  I put the aluminum boom support UNDER
the antenna.  It's been up for 5 years through three hurricanes and numerous
tornado seasons (with some VERY high winds).  The BOOM even rotated in the
boom-to-mast clamps!  The aluminum truss under the antenna however, has NOT
buckled.  That's no guarantee it won't buckle, but there's no doubt in my
mind that there are MUCH more susceptible points-of-failure on this antenna
than the truss underneath.

73!
Dean, K4KR (ex-W8ZF)