[TowerTalk] RE: The Other End of the Coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: The Other End of the Coax
From: HARPERD@TX.SLR.com (HARPER, DAVID)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 19:21:43 +0200
Hi Terry,
In this case, the SO239 is just laying on the fiberglass center
insulator.
I use #12 solid insulated wire from the SO239 to the elements, and the
wires are just barely long enough to reach the screws, so they hold the
connector in place in the center without flopping around much. The wires
are insulated so they won't short out to the ends of the U-bolt that
stick
up through the fiberglass.  I didn't tape anything up, since there
didn't seem
to be any chance of shorting, and waterproofing wasn't necessary.  In
some
installations, taping up the SO239 might be necessary so it doesn't
short
against anything.  BTW, this method of attachment can be used for
verticals
or other antennas that do not have an SO239 attached.
73,
Dave WD5N  <wd5n@msg.tx.slr.com>