[TowerTalk] prop pitch/selsyns

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] prop pitch/selsyns
From: kfisher@inreach.com (Ken Fisher)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 1997 18:19:07 -0700
I'm looking for a pair of selsyns plus some info on my prop pitch.
I have converted one before abt 20 years ago however this one sure
isn't the same. I believe its from a P-48??. The problem I'm having
is seperating the motor from the casting. I have removed all of the
transmission pieces but I can't figure out how to remove the motor
from the bottom casting.  It appears to have a spanner like collar
but it won't budge either direction. My last p/p motor directly
unbolted from the transmission. Boy was that easy!! This one is a real
bear!! I have to get the motor off to replace the four feeder wires
since the insulation is shot and they will short!!  Anybody worked
on this type of one before??? Its a small one that will fit inside
of my crankup tower.. Thanks  Ken  W6FK
--
http://home.inreach.com/kfisher/  Check out our website!