[TowerTalk] Ground rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground rods
From: edwoods@pbsac01.isp.PacBell.COM (Woods, Eric D (edwoods))
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 11:09:00 -0700
Ummmm -

Studies by Bellcore have shown that the corrosion rate on #2 AWG stranded is
not sufficiently better than that of #2 AWG solid.  We have had stranded
ground electrode field bonding conductors in the ground for YEARS!!!  Big
problem is that the conductor to ground rod connections will corrode if no
cad welded or connected with a mechanical device LISTED (by UL or another
testing lab) for buried use.

Eric, K6GV
edwoods@pacbell.com