[TowerTalk] Verticals of Rohn-25

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Verticals of Rohn-25
From: kt6ra@netfeed.com (Ray Antasek)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 14:16:42 +0100
Bill,
     I'm curious how your wire verticals are (or were) supported.  Rohn-25
seems like a lot of cost and effort when you can have great success by
using cheap 3" irrigation pipe.  It holds up quite well.

73,
     KT6RA  Ray Antasek

Check out our web site!  http://www.netfeed.com/~kt6ra

-----W4AN wrote:
I'm starting on the conversion of my 80M 4-square to Rohn-25 (I'm tired
of fixing broken wire verticals and ropes everywhere).

Question:

  The connection between tower sections... What are ya'll doing there?

  My idea is to use grease (as usual).  Are you also using some kind of
  strap at the junctions ?   Is it needed?

73

Bill, W4AN