[TowerTalk] 4-Square elevated radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4-Square elevated radials
From: wb8zrl@soli.inav.net (Tom Vavra)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 00:46:32 +0000
This years antenna project is an 80M 4-square.   My question is about the
elevated radials.  I have asked three individuals how their radials are layed
out and I received three answers.

1.  Only two radials, each bisecting the square and extending a quarter wave
past each vertical.  Opposite verticals in the square are connected by the
radials.

2.  Four radials for each vertical, laid out to look like a pound sign  #
from the above.  In this layout, adjacent verticals are connected by the
radials.

3.  Four radials for each vertical, laid out randomly, with NO connection
to radials of another vertical.

Three rather different approaches.  I solicit your thoughts.

     tnx/73    Tom   WB8ZRL