[TowerTalk] PLP grips

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] PLP grips
From: sawyers@inav.net (Steve Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 20:06:45 -0500
Standard guy strand is a left hand lay. The way you tell left hand from
right hand lay is to look at the end - any end - and if the wire on top
that is going away from you goes around to the left and down to the
bottom, then you have left had lay. If it goes to the right then it is
right hand lay.

The guy grips can be checked the same way - look at the end. You ALWAYS
put left hand lay grips on left hand lay cable - never mix as it will
just untwist under load.

Now for pricing:

My current catalog for PLP has the following for LEFT HAND LAY BIG
GRIPS:

7 wire 3/16" EHS uses catalog number BG-2142 $2.67 each in Carton of 100
- Code color Red
7 wire 1/4"  EHS uses catalog number BG-2144 $3.28 each in Carton of 50
- Code color is  Yellow
7 wire 5/16" EHS uses catalog number BG-2146 $4.07 each in Carton of 50
- Code color is Black
7 wire 3/8"  EHS uses catalog number BG-2147 $5.58 each in Carton of 25
- Code color is Orange

End sleeve pricing - I always call them thimbles, and I highly recommend
them.

3/16" EHS  uses catalog number GC-65303 price each $0.95
1/4" EHS uses catalog number GC-65136 price each $1.11
5/16" EHS uses catalog number GC-65128 price each $1.13
3/8" EHS uses catalog number GC-65264 price each $1.16

No carton quanties listed

Now the bad news - less than full carton charge is $15 per size.
Minimum order is $125 plus shipping.

Standard disclaimer - I have no financial interest etc...

de n0yvy steve