[TowerTalk] Re: Guying ???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Guying ???
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 06:44:51 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Paul!
The Preformed Line Products Big Grip for 5/16" EHS is p/n BG-2146
The PLP grip for 3/8" fiberglas rod is p/n DER-2169

The Polygon Plastics p/n for 3/8" fiberglas rod is PGP-504

The rod we purchased is black in color, which is intended to further
improve its UV resistance.  We purchased in excess of 10,000 feet and the
price was much less than Phillystran, and the rated strength is much
higher (in the order of 15,000-20,000 pounds).

Beware, however, that fiberglas MUST be unreeled soon after delivery.  If
fiberglas rod is stored in coiled form for an excessive period, it will
develop stress cracks and it will be worthless.  Fiberglas rod must be
handled properly when uncoiling because it is stiff and lots of potential
energy is stored when it is coiled for shipment!
73
Frank
W3LPL
donovanf@sgate.com