[TowerTalk] 40-2CD Spacing and Interactions with WARC?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD Spacing and Interactions with WARC?
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Thu, 1 May 1997 08:56:44 -0400
I concur that the 402CD is resonant around 18mhz as a third harmonic rather
than 21mhz because of the loading.  It's not a half-bad antenna on that
band.

I can guarantee you will have at least some interaction between it and any
18 mhz antenna on the same tower, let alone 8 ft away.  Not a good bet!

I'd put up a 24 mhz yagi and use the 402 on 18 mhz unless you have another
tower.

If you decide to put it up anyway and have a lot of problems, you could try
turning it 90 degrees from the 402 and see what happens.  It'll probably
decrease the coupling greatly, but you'll have larger sidelobes (certainly
the lesser of two evils).

73, Tyler K3MM