[TowerTalk] Rotor limitation and MARC commercial

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotor limitation and MARC commercial
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 3 May 1997 15:07:38 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-03 12:45:38 EDT, kt6ra@netfeed.com (Ray Antasek)
writes:

>> Will a Yaesu G1000sdx handle a KT34XA and a Cushcraft 40 2 elemnt beam
>>  adequately?  Any thoughts/experiences with this rotor?  ur input
>>  appreciated tks    Lynn
>
>       I plugged the two antennas into the MARC program and found the
>  following rotors were recommended given a 10ft. mast and 70 mph max wind
>  speed:
>  HDR 300A
>  T2X Tailtwister
>  HAM IV/V
>  Yaesu 2800SDX
>
>  I'm not sure if a taller mast and placement of the antennas up the mast
>  would make a difference or not.  But for sure, the max wind speed for your
>  geographical area does make a difference.  You need to know what it is.  I
>  would highly recommend spending $12.50 (including s/h) and buying the MARC
>  (Mast And Rotor Calculator) program.  It is available from:
>  Tower Tech
>  P.O. Box 572
>  Woodinville, WA  98072

>73, Ray KT6RA

     Yes, the MARC (Mast, Antenna and Rotator Calculator) program makes
rotator recommendations based on antenna Effective Moment(s).  Rotator EM is
simply a product of weight times turning radius.  EM rating isn't the product
of exhaustive factory testing.  It's basically an educated guess on the
rotator's capability.

     There are a couple of rotator lines not listed (Create and Emoto)
because they don't publish any EM ratings data.  But, in the instance of
Create, they are a recommended rotator line.  I hope to have some EM data for
them sometime in the future.

     Ray, thanks for your kind words on the MARC program.  I'm glad you found
it useful.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

    TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs