[TowerTalk] gamma matches

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] gamma matches
From: ke5fi@wt.net (Chuck Dietz (KE5FI))
Date: Sun, 04 May 1997 21:55:48 -0500
ken cubilo wrote:

> hi all here is a silly question: i just made and installed a 3 ele
> monobander for 10 meters which is now at 35 feet on the tower. right
> now lowest vswr is at 26.177mhz.

I do not know a way to keep you from climbing ONLY 50 times, however, I
can let you in on the closely guarded and surprising "secret" that when
the antenna always seems to resonate too low no matter how you adjust
the gamma rod and cap...LENGTHEN the driven element.  This is counter to
intuition but works I believe because it makes the element more
capacitive.  Anyway, it works.

Chuck, KE5FI