[TowerTalk] Low beam vs. higher dipoles?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Low beam vs. higher dipoles?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 09:26:30 -0400 (EDT)

> It seems to me that the higher dipole is clearly the way to go for 20
>  meters and down -- but what about fifteen?  25 feet is, after all, just
> about
>  a half-wavelength at 15 meters.  It seems to me that a roof tower and
>  a 2 or 3-element monobander for 15 might be enough better than the dipole
>  to be worth doing.  Or should I go for a 10 meter yagi, and pray for
>  sunspots?  Or just stick with wire antennas?

Hi, Jeff --

     Yes, a horizontal dipole is a GREAT antenna and I would certainly
suggest using one or more of them.  But even a small tribander at 25 feet
will be more fun than you can believe. Actually I'd put up both; having a
choice of antennas on a band is a GREAT way to operate.

      An SASE will get you a copy of my "Building A One Tower Station" talk
that I've given numerous times.  Send to TOWER TECH, Box 572, Woodinville,
WA, 98072.

73,  Steve   K7LXC

     TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs