[TowerTalk] Re: Insulated Elements

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Insulated Elements
From: donovanf@sgate.com (Frank Donovan)
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 12:55:27 -0400 (EDT)
Hello LB!

Before I reply to ur question, I'd like to thank you for all of your
extremely informative and useful posts on the towertalk reflector.  I
always take the time the read and understand them and I also visit your
homepage regularly.  Well done OM!

Type LE phenolic is a commonly available plastic, virtually any plastics
wholesaler would stock it.  It is sold in sheets, rods, and tubular
form in thicknesses up to 2 inches.  My local supplier is Read Plastics in
Rockville MD.

My favorite hardware store, McMaster-Carr Supply company also stocks this
material under the trade name "Garolite" For example their price for 1/2"
thick x 12" wide x 12" long Garolite is $29.62 (p/n 8525K518)  McMaster
Carr ships same day via UPS.  Their phone number is (908)329-3200 M-F
0700-2100 Eastern Time, just give them a credit card number to pay for ur
order, and u will have the material on your doorstep very quicky (90% of
the time I have the material next day!)

I typically cut this sheet into four pieces (a standard circular saw cuts
it easily) and use it for mounting Yagi elements for any band except 40M,
where full size elements need a stronger mounting plate.

73!
Frank
W3LPL
donovanf@sgate.com