[TowerTalk] Guy tensioning questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy tensioning questions
From: dhand@mdi.com (David Hand)
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 11:59 EST
.¡¦ظ dhand@DS9.MICRODES.COM

I was reading the thread on guy tensioning and  a couple questions came
to mind ...

If  the guy points are not equal distance from the base  (my  case)
wont  the tension need to be  unequal?

Given that each  guy is going to  exert a  horizontal  and a
(compressive) vertical  vector component .
If  the guy angle isnt  equal (I.E. some guys are  steeper  than others )
the vectors will add up  differently  so ....

If   the  lateral  components  are equal,   the  compressive  force  wont
 be and vice -versa.

Humm .. I think  I just made a real  good case for setting them up to all
be equal ....   but  I really
cant see that working  out  here.

Second Question ....

If  you used  4  guys  with equal spacing and  equal  tension on all how
would you attach the  guys to the tower  to equalize  the compression  on
each  leg?  If you attached  two  guys to  any leg that leg  would
have twice the compression  on it, or am I  OTL (out to lunch)???

I suspect that  the lateral  forces should  be  equalized  first  then
if the  compressive load is
with in  some  broad but unknown range  your OK

Anyone  have any ideas??

Dave  WB4HYP