[TowerTalk] Force-12 C4 on 17m

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force-12 C4 on 17m
From: dab@kaiwan.com (Doug Brandon)
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 11:36:57 -0700 (PDT)
While using my Force12 C4S on 17 meters last night, I noticed that
while working a T88 and a VP2, that each station peaked 180 degrees
of where you would expect.  That made me remember reading a message
on one of the reflectors that the maximum gain on 17m is obtained
by aiming the beam backwards.  Force12 wasnt aware of this, but said
that maybe the 40m element acts like a reflector on 17m.  I'm curious
if others have noticed the same behavior with this antenna.

   73 de Doug, N6RT

  Doug Brandon        http://www.kaiwan.com/~dab       dab@kaiwan.com