[TowerTalk] Meters

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Meters
From: ag9y@macomb.com (Joseph L. Rossmiller)
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 21:40:06 -0500
I always just think of a meter being equal to yards plus ten percent.
A yard is 36 inches.  10 percent of that is 3.6 inches.  Total = 39.6
inches.  Yes, it is off about a quarter inch, but it is close enough
for goverment work.

Another example.

90 meter is about 99 yards.  About the length of a football field.
(10 percent of 90 = 9, 90 + 9 = 99.)  Using 39.3707 for the conversion
gives 98.42675 yards.  So my estimate would only be off a bit over a
foot and an half per 100 yards.