[TowerTalk] Quad Books

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Quad Books
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 21:35:24 -0400
Hi Frank,

Yes! This IS THE PLACE for all your antenna and tower questions.  If the
guys here can't answer your questions.... they will know someone who can.
It's a great place to hang out... but I warn you.... it's very addictive.

As to your question... as a former quad owner... I would agree with all you
statements.  When my boomless quad morphed into a pretzel a few years ago in
a winter ice storm... (quads are prone to do those things) .... I swore I
would rebuild it and put it back up on the 9-ft peaked roof mounted tower on
my two-story home.  The Mosley TA-33 that's up there now just doesn't do as
well as the quad did in the same place and height of thirty feet (about ten
meters....for the metric challenged).  Someday...... someday.... the quad
will rise again.

Meanwhile.... if its books and quad literature you're after.... there's only
one place to get everything you want and that's The Radio Bookstore.  Their
URL is:

http://www.radiobooks.com/

                                       Radio Bookstore
                                           P.O. Box 209
                             Rindge, New Hampshire 03461-0209
                                       (603) 899-6826 FAX
                              (800) 457-7373 10-6pm EST

Ask for Craig and mention that Roger, K2JAS sent you.  Craig is a competitor
of mine but he sells more of the books that I don't so I'm happy to
recommend him.  Besides, he's a prince of a guy and will do everything he
can to help you find what you need.  I think he has every book in the world
that has the word "Quad" written in it.

Good luck with your search and welcome to TowerTalk.

-73-
Roger, K2JAS