[TowerTalk] lightweight freestanding crankup

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] lightweight freestanding crankup
From: ataylor@midas.llnl.gov (Allan G. Taylor)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 09:45:42 -0700 (PDT)
I would like to know if anyone out there in TowerTalk land knows of a crankup
'tower' of height 35 - 40 ft which will support 1.9 sq ft (HyGain DX77 vertical
and some wires)  that requires either no or minimal guying.  I am aware of
the USTowers TMM541SS which is of about the right height but a bit expensive
(at about $1390+) to  be justified for supporting a $250 antenna. This would
be an interim solution until I can get $$ together for a more serious yagi
system.    A used TMM541SS or TMM433 would also work, but I had no responses
to my QST HamAd.  Any thoughts out there?

Grant Taylor   K7GT     email: k7gt@qsl.net