[TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4 Antenna Switch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ameritron RCS-4 Antenna Switch
From: dick.green@valley.net ("Dick Green".)
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 19:13:41 -0400
Hi. Does anyone out there have experience with the Ameritron RCS-4 antenna
switch? This is the one that sends control signals down the coax instead of
requiring a multiconductor control cable. This could be an attractive way
for me to skip buying and burying a lot of cable. My run is about 250' from
the shack. Does it work OK at that distance? Does it work OK with legal
limit power? Do the relays ever open up when transmitting? Can unused
outputs be grounded? Any reliability problems, weather damage problems,
etc.?

Thanks,

73, Dick, WC1M

dick.green@valley.net