[TowerTalk] AutoCrankdown widget info needed

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AutoCrankdown widget info needed
From: JC_Smith@designlink.com (JC Smith) (JC Smith)
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 1997 01:42:43 GMT
Hi Bob,

Oooh, wow, a Rockwell Guy.  I have a question for you, but first your friend
with the tower problem...  I saw that same ad, and I think it was an attachment
for the weather sataions sold by David Instruments.  I'd contact them
(800-678-3669) and I'll bet they can tell you all about it (or who to call).

I also have a motorized tower and considered the same thing.  However, I have
now developed a far superior alternative to automatic crank down.  I call it
automatic crank up.  Every time I walk into the shack I look out the window at
the tower and automatically hit the switch which cranks it up.  It's fully
extended before I have everything else turned on and set up.  When I leave the
shack I turn off the lights and the tower.  Having my tower play all by it's
self with me not around is a little too wierd for me.  Especially having it
doing it under marginally high wind conditions.

Now my Rockwell question.  I'm a Collins Radio fan.  I have a beautiful 75S-3B
receiver that badly needs a narrow CW filter.  One of the guys on the Collins
Collectors Assn. reflector told me that someone (but he couldn't remember a
name) at Rockwell told him that Rockwell will still make those filters.  Not
one at a time, but that if someone would get a few orders together and handle
it all through one guy then they would do it.  Do you have any idea who this
guy might be?  I know Rockwell's a big outfit.  Just thought I might get lucky.

73 - JC,k0hps@amsat.org

This message sent using the FirstClass SMTP/NNTP Gateway for Mac OS.