[TowerTalk] Antenna tuner recommendations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna tuner recommendations
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 16:00:15 -1000
At 08:57 PM 6/10/97 -0400, Paul D. Schrader wrote:

>How can you say my tuner is ugly.  It has a beautiful big bucks reverse
>printed Lexan front panel (won't scratch), B&W counter dial, etc.
>If you think this is ugly, I sure would like to know what you think is
>good looking.  Also it has no problems on the high bands--it does
>exactly what I say it will do.  Also your price is off.  73  Paul N4XM
>
>At 23:04 6/8/97 +-300, morel grunberg wrote:
>>Doug,
>>
>>If you''ll check the Product review in the march or april issue
>>of QST you'll find a full answer to your question. Dissapointing
>>too, if you need a real 1500W on low bands with hi-swr antennas.
>>The only one complying to your power requirements is the N4XM
>>tuner. It costs about $1200, it's uggly and has also some problems
>>when used on high bands, but it's real heavy duty.

Aloha,

I've had Paul's XMatch now for many months;  am super pleased
with it!!  I also have,  for my V-beams, planned for set-up
as soon as the darn trade winds calm down -- up to 36 mph this
afternoon -- an "old" E F Johnson KW Matchbox.  Now that IS
an ugly, very big box!!!  Guess it looked beautiful next to
the desk sized Johnson KW AM rig around 45 years ago!

But if you want the best HF band tuner,  1.8 thru 29.7 mHz,  buy
Paul's tuner.  It might take awhile to get one,  he makes
them one by one,  carefully obviously!

73,  Jim, KH7M