[TowerTalk] Fwd: Tower Lighting for passenger safety

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Tower Lighting for passenger safety
From: UpTheTower@aol.com (UpTheTower@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 10:07:20 -0400 (EDT)
---------------------
Forwarded message:
From:   leewical@lava.net (Lee Roger Wical)
To:     owner-towertalk@contesting.com
CC:     leewical@lava.net
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: 97-06-13 04:43:43 EDT

For All to consider:
        As a 5-million miler PAX with UAL, PAA, WESTERN, AA and EASTERN over
the past 45yrs, I'd like to have any  tower lighted so my pilot be
forewarned and I'm not involved in an air crash cause by someones negligence
(marked by carelessly easy manner I'm sure one of our lawyer, amateur
friends can give a legal opinion on negligence).
        As a Radio  Amateur with a xxx-ft tower, and the expense thereof,
I'd sure want to protect my tower, my investment and insure my family
against a terrible, ugly law suit.
        But more importantI would you like to be involved in an air
disaster, caused by someones negligence, to haunt one the rest of one's life?

        And with about the harm caused to a plane, its PAXs ,its survivors
and  families. Lawyers can always fine a "pocket" to obtain a judgement of
negligence$$$$.
        Hope all amateurs have liability umbrella insuranceliability
policiesto protect all families.
        Haven't we all learned something about responsibilities and
liability from recent and past events in the Heartland?
        Tnx for your time and thoughts.
        Lee
Lee Wical