[TowerTalk] US Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Towers
From: csummers@diac.com (Charlie Summers)
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 05:37:49 -0600
I just received the HDX589 tower from US Towers.  The one thing they
could do to markedly improve service, as this would lower support calls,
is to provide the owner with a total instruction manual.  They only
provide two sheets on how to wire the remote control box and it comes
prewired!

For instance, they told me over the phone to offload the tower from the
truck so it is in a horizontal position on the ground but in a manner
that I could raise the tower.  This allows one to get to the rotor shelf
and install the rotor.  They recommend installing the rotor and mast
while the tower is horizontal.

In my case, I pulled the tower out of the van and let it down gently on
bales of hay and straw.  Hay is better as it will not compact.  In this
way, I could extend the tower while horizontal to allow for rotor
placement.

It took a bunch of phone calls to them to get this simple information.
Never having even seen one of these things close up, it is hard to scope
out what must be done and the manner of doing it.  A couple of simple
pages of instructions could sure pour oil on service waters.

73,

Charlie, W0YG..>>

PS Bruce also helped me over several thorny problems.  I have the tower
installed now.  It is a hunk to say the least.