[TowerTalk] HORNETs and T2X

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HORNETs and T2X
From: pash@gdi.net (Paul Ash)
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 15:51:44 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I was getting ready to climb my tower today when I noticed 1/2 doz
large Hornets buzzing  around one of the lower sections. I was feeling
lucky this morning so I decided to climb anyway. I got abt 30ft off the
ground when they began to swarm around me. None of them actually stung
me but they made it plain that my presence was not wanted. I concluded
that discretion is the better part of valor and made a hasty decent.
I've been thinking about a easy way to get rid of these uninvited guests
but hav'nt had any luck. Anyone out there in antenna land have any good
solutions?????

Also, the reason that I was climbing the tower in the first place this
morning was to examine my T2X. Saturday it stopped turning.
I've went through the troubleshooting techniques outlined in the
owners manual and discovered a appearant discontinuity with terminal
8 on the rotor motor. Supposedly I should be seeing 5 ohms between 8-4
and a short between 8-5 (plus lead resistances) both are showing open.
All other measurements look ok in both the rotor motor and control box.
Besides for an open in the rotor cable what would cause this to occur??
I would think it unlikely that both the limit switch and the rotor motor
would go out at once...

Thanks everyone & happy fathers day! Paul N1PA