[TowerTalk] yagi comments

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] yagi comments
From: ftbrady@cosmoslink.net (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:27:29 -0700
Regarding the Force 12 antennas:

I like everything I've heard, but it's hard to see why their antennas are so
costly.  It's seems as though they are disregarding competitive pricing in
some determined effort to quickly recover the startup costs of their
specialized mfg process.

I see no way that the weight and wind load savings that I've read about in
their catalogs is significant enough to get the money back in reduced tower
and rotator requirements.  So, the only remaining ways to justify the cost
would be if they had some incredible gain or longevity advantage.  I don't
think they've rewritten the physics of yagi gain, and the leading
competititors have all proven that their antenna durability is quite
satisfactory.

I am honestly not trying to 'flame' Force 12 - I would just like to
understand why this product is priced so far out (surely this has already
been discussed).  Just looking for a little informed and honest debate.

73,
 Frank - W0ECS