[TowerTalk] more questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] more questions
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:06:25 -0400
Hi Craig and all,

I believe you are referring to the fact that the poles are impregnated with
creosote or something like that... which IS carcinogenic (isn't everything?)
so they don't want you burning it or burying it where the ground water will
be polluted.

So, what happens when all those power poles get rained on (not to mention
the millions of railroad ties that were similarly treated) and the rainwater
washes those chemicals into the surrounding soil and eventually the ground
water?  Probably kills the moles... don't you think? Or.... at the very
least.... preserves their little hearts for all eternity?

Regards Craig,

Roger, K2JAS