FW: [TowerTalk] Moles are destroying fie

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [TowerTalk] Moles are destroying fie
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 15:24:23 -0400
Hi Gang and Ken,

I hope this puts the icing (yeech!) on this stuff.  Please check me for
accuracy but I believe that Milky Spore Disease... is specific ONLY FOR
JAPANESE BEETLE GRUBS.  It may not make any of the others do anything
besides belch.

Now the Japanese beetle grubs will surely destroy large patches of your lawn
if untreated early.  The moles are (I know this is going to sound crazy)
doing you a favor by eating them. Anyway, if you run right out and milky
spore your lawn (I believe you need a spoonful of the stuff every so many
feet) you're not going to see results for two or three years.  Lot's of good
mole hunting 'till then.

I used to teach turfgrass management for homeowners.... about twenty years
ago.  I've forgotten a hell of a lot in between... except how to mow and
water and fertilize.  L.B. is correct.  By all means... do look up the
number of you county Cooperative Agricultural Extension Agent and he'll /
she'll be more than happy to help you out with loads of free information.

Com' mon Stan, help me out here with a limerick.....

GL and happy hunting...

Roger, K2JAS