[TowerTalk] Re: Tryon Titans

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Tryon Titans
From: ftbrady@cosmoslink.net (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 07:53:25 -0700
Thanks Jeff,

 Your reasoning sounds a lot like mine when I first decided I wanted a
crank-up.  Unfortunately, "the best laid ..... " -

I did come up with more reasons to justify the rigid Trylon:

1) If I make my initial selection from the middle range of one of their
strength catagories, I can 'easily' extend the height later by just adding
sections (sort of like the Rohn world).

2) I can now afford a strength catagory that leaves NO doubt about how much
spare carrying capacity it has.

3) No need for the cable oiling, inspection, and replacement rigmarole.

4) No need to make sure the tower is down before going somewhere.

5) No permanent wind-watch stress built into my routine.

Tom at Force 12 called yesterday and we were talking about installing
antennas on fixed towers - he recommends a temporary or permanent electric
winch position at the top of the tower (3 or 4 hundred bucks) to make the
job easier (and probably a whole lot safer, too).  I already have the a good
safety belt, so I'll probably do the first installation with help from a
local pro.

 Thanks again and 73,
 Frank - W0ECS