[TowerTalk] Tubing is square, galvanizing is a 100 bucks!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tubing is square, galvanizing is a 100 bucks!
From: no9z@prairienet.org (Lynn D. Osterbur)
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 09:36:14 -0500 (CDT)

  If some of you read my posts earlier about the guy who ordered water pipe
for me when I requested tubing, 2 in od. .250 wall, it  gets better.
Yesterday I picked up my new mast......20 ft, .250 wall, 2 inch o.d.
  The salesman who sold it said the price would be  $197, plus galvanizing.
When I picked it up, the bill was  $297....  slightly more than the  "about
$15 " he quoted  4 weeks ago.
  Whats a reasonable charge for  galvanizing?   Does this mast need to
"cure" a while?  The galvanizing was done last monday?  It appears to be a
little soft yet.

   thanks for respones
73
Lynn

p.s.   I am not going to polish or clean this mast