[TowerTalk] C4SXL at Low Height

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C4SXL at Low Height
From: caconway@evansville.net (Casey Conway)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 08:34:49 -0500
Hi All... This is part two of my little tower project.  I am looking at
putting a roof mounted tower that would get my antenna up about 50
feet.  I am looking at a C3S and C4SXL for the antenna.  My questions:

1. The optimum height for the C4SXL should be at least 70 feet.  If I
only put it up 40-50 feet will the performance be so minimal that I
would havve better luch with my Butternut vertical ?

2.  I assume the 2 elements on the C4SXL is better than 1 element on the
C4 or does it make a difference at this height.

3.  Should I scrap this idea and put up a C3 or C3S and use the vertical
for the high bands ?

Thanks
Casey K7CK