[TowerTalk] Hardline

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hardline
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 17:36:45 -0400
You can almost bet it's CATV cable...Commscope is a HUGE supplier of CATV
cable.   If its uncorrigated witha solid aluminum outer conductor and a
copperclad aluminum inner conductor, you can bet it's CATV/75 ohm cable.
You can also calculate the impedance by measuring the center conductor
diameter compared to the ID of the shield.  75 ohm cable has a
significantly smaller center conductor than equivalent sized 50 ohm.

73, Tyler K3MM

Michauldin@aol.com on 06/24/97 05:12:51 PM