[TowerTalk] Raising my tower.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Raising my tower.
From: n3hrt@eagle1.eaglenet.com (Martin Gary)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 09:47:35 -0400
Hello,
I need some advice from some of you tower experts out there. I have a 90
ft. Rohn 25 tower. The guys are out 52 ft. from the base. Its guyed at
28, 56, and 85 ft. I have a Phelps-Dodge Super station master on the top
and several antenna's side mounted on it at various heights.  Big 5 ½
ft. power company anchors, cemented into the ground were used. We put
them in 12 in. diameter holes 6 ft deep. On the back anchor we used a
piece of 6 in. inner diameter galvanized well casing  cemented  in the
ground 6 ft. and filled full of concrete. It sticks out of the ground
about 4 ft. There is a 5 ½ ft. anchor cemented in the center to hold the
guys. Its been very stable and strong for years. I would like to raise
the tower another 30 ft. This presents 2 problems that I can see from
the start.

1.  I can't put the anchors out any farther, one of them is on the
property line already. Will the tower still be sturdy if I raise it with
the existing anchors out 52 ft.

2.  My equalization plates only have three holes. If I raise the tower I
need to change them. What is the best method for doing that?

Any advice you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Martin, N3HRT