[TowerTalk] Beam Recommendation Wanted

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beam Recommendation Wanted
From: lmcdavid@lmceng.com (Larry McDavid)
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 19:50:08 -0700
I've just joined this reflector and would like to ask for a
recommendation for a tri-band beam to fit within a constrained turning
radius.

I need to maintain a turning radius of about 16 feet to clear a property
line. The Cushcraft A3S and the Hy-Gain TH3 do this. These are very old
design beams. Is there anything better today that meets, or comes close,
to the 16-foot turning radius?

I really have considered the Force 12 C3. It's a little long (19.5 ft)
in radius, though. Is its performance so much better than the A3S or TH3
to make it worth the risk of edging over the property line at 70 feet
up?

I'm in the Los Angeles area--no snow, etc. I'm more of a ragchewer than
a DX chaser.

Any other suggestions?

Larry McDavid W6FUB
lmcdavid@lmceng.com