[TowerTalk] Helicopters

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Helicopters
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 16:04:59 -0400 (EDT)

You should see the 22 year old punks that fly the Army helo's going to
the Ranger training camp (mountaineering section) near my shack.  I was
on the tower one day and could see the whites of the gunners eyes as they
banked around my hilltop.  What's really scarey is when they come buzzing
over in the middle of the night during a contest and the shack shakes.

I called the Army HQ down south and had them put my towers on their
advisory.  I dont know if it made a difference, but at least I tried.
Someone once told me that they have to stay 100' above treetops.  No idea
if that's true.  If it is, these Army guys are breaking the rules daily.

73

Bill, W4AN