[TowerTalk] Show me the money!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Show me the money!
From: k4ab@nerak.companet.net (Larry A. Crim)
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 1997 13:44:43 -0500 (CDT)
> At 09:32 AM 7/4/97 -0400, Bill Fisher, W4AN wrote:
> >
> >Just got done reading the article in the Smithsonian about the tower
> >climbers in Texas.  Was wondering what professionals charge to do a big job
> >like a 500' tower?

Most tower crews I've dealt with charge "by the foot", depending on the
difficulty of the job to be done.

For example, to simply replace the top beacon on a 1000' foot tower, they
may charge $1000. ($1 per foot).

To install an antenna at 1000' , the guys may want $5000. ($5 per foot).

Its also my experience that most tower crews are open to negotiation as
to the fee!

73,
Larry
K4AB