[TowerTalk] 40-2CD performance and modeling topics

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD performance and modeling topics
From: w2up@itw.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 15:08:35 +0000
Russ - Interesting analysis, but...

I have my 402-CD tuned for CW dimensions as recommended by Cushcraft.
It works great on CW and lousy on SSB (it works great on CW, and on
SSB I get beat by guys who shouldn't be beating me out in the
pileups). It's hard for me to believe there is only a difference of
about 2 db in forward gain from CW to SSB based on the performance of
my antenna. Mine is at 85 ft, and has a TH7 about 9 ft below it.
73 Barry
--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@itw.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club