[TowerTalk] 160 antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 antenna
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 02:02:58 +0900
Fatchett, Mike wrote:

> Let me add some to my request for quick and easy 160m antennas.
>
> I do have an 80 foot tower and trees.  The station is on 4 acres.  The
> dipole would probably be the easiest if I had trees in the right places.
>
> antennas for consideration at this point are:
>
> Sloper
> Vert with T hat suspended from tower
> Inv L
>
> Mike
> W0MU

Hi Mike.  I have a couple of trees here in my back yard and I put up an
inverted "L".  It really works good.  I have about 80 feet vertical and
45 feet horizontal.  There are about 40 radial from 30 to 130 feet long
under it.  I don't have a linear for 160, but can work the east coast and
out to Hawaii easily with it.  They are simple to erect and feed.  Gud
luck in the test. 73
Tom W7WHY