[TowerTalk] Home owners insurance...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Home owners insurance...
From: rlake@monad.net (Randy Lake)
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 18:00:47 -0400
This past March I had an old dead oak tree fall across a set of guys on my
old
Rohn 20g tower, snapping the guys on one of the other legs and kinking the
tower
in the middle. It was a 60' tower guyed in 2 places.
I have my homeowners thru Liberty Mutual...oh yes, the tower is 150' from
the house
with a wilson sys36 6 ele. tribander on top.I checked the policy and found
nothing
that gave me any idea whether or not it wud be covered so I called my agent
anyway
and they sent out an adjuster..He said that it wud be
covered...everything....but only
by a professional tower rigger....I called and had an estimate
done...almost $8000 !
The insurance questioned it so additional quotes were gotten...all much
higher!
The insurance co. liked the first quote....they gave me the go-ahead....now
there
is a brand new professionally done 25g tower in place of the old one.....it
was fun
to sit back and watch!
If I had not just gone ahead and triied to make the claim it probably wud
have never
gotten done....
Does not hurt to try!
Good luck all!    73  Randy  N1KWF