[TowerTalk] Best Homeowners Insurance for Hams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Best Homeowners Insurance for Hams
From: bohnovic@worldnet.att.net (John/K4WJ)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 12:54:49 -0400
At 12:26 PM 7/23/97 +0000, you wrote:
>On 22 Jul 97, stan@ccsnet.com <stan@ccsnet.com> wrote:
>

>> P.S. I like the idea of power company applied surge arrestors  for
>> surges coming down the power lines. I am going to look into that...
>>
>Seems like  a scam to me. These are power co induced surges
>they're offering to protect you from, for an extra monthly fee (at
>least here in PECO land it is).
>Kinda reminds of the phone company offering "wire insurance."
>73
>--
>Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@itw.com
>Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry@w2up.wells.com

Barry,
Just because the surges travel on the power companies facilities doesn't
mean that the power company "induced" them. Where did you come up with that
idea?

What is the problem with "wire insurance"? The telephone wires inside your
house belong to you, not the telephone company. They are offering you a
maintenance agreement to repair the wires for a monthly fee. What is wrong
with that? If you don't like it, don't sign up for it.

73..
John/K4WJ in Pembroke Pines, FL

        K8PXG from 18 Jun 59 to 11 Feb 97
        K8WJ  from 12 Feb 97 to 07 Apr 97