[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 and Hazer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 and Hazer
From: steve@gamecash.com (Steve Weisbrod)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 97 08:20:00 -0600
I have a 50ft Alum. Glen Marten Tower with the Hazer. It is just great!
It is guyed only at the top. You release 2 guys to let the Hazer down or
put it up. The guy that is not released is parallel to the beam elements
so they clear.  On there 60ft model they use a different system that has
guys in the middle.  The Hazer on this model runs on a track instead of
around the tower. You may be exceeding the ratings for your tower with
only one set of guys at the top for 60ft of rohn. I don't know I guess it
depends on what you intend to put on it. My tower is rated at 16sqft
@87mph. There is a lot of info on Glen Marten products at
http://www.glenmartin.com  their web site. I hope this helps.

73 Steve W8GAZ