[TowerTalk] 1/2 sloper for 160 continued

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 1/2 sloper for 160 continued
From: Fatchett.Mike@tci.com (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:15:52 -0600
Last night I was able to play with the sloper again.  I get a great SWR
curve at 2.0, 1:1!  Adding length did not have much effect.  I would
conclude that I don't have enough tower.

One idea was to add about 10 feet to the ground side.
If you treat the sloper as a dipole then this makes sense. At 2.0 the
quarter wave length of the wire should be about 117 feet.  At 1.85 the
length should be 126 feet.

Another idea was to short the ground side of the 80m inverted v to the
tower giving it more ground so to speak.  That antenna is connected to a
balun then into the remote switch box.

The last idea was to give up on the sloper and make an inverted L.

Any other suggestions?

Mike
W0MU