[TowerTalk] Phillystran & mast questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phillystran & mast questions
From: k9cw@prairienet.org (Andrew B. White)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 13:39:30 -0500 (CDT)
On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Rick Marien wrote:

>       My current situation:   Rohn 25G up 40'
>                               Short hinged base section for concrete
>                               concrete base measures 4'x 4'x 3'deep
>                               3 screw-in guy anchors 48" x 6" auger
>                               Antenna: Mosley TA-34XL-WARC (21'boom 5 ele
> 7.7sf per sales catalog)
>                               Live in Dallas/Ft.Worth area

Rick, I think you may be pouring more concrete than you need, if this
base is not already in the ground.  I have put up two Rohn 25 towers
using the 2' x 2' x 3' base dimensions shown in the Rohn instructions for
the foldover tower.   For a 40 foot guyed tower, I think you can reduce
your base concrete cost by 75% (1.78 yd -> .44 yd).

73, Drew

|    Andrew B. White  K9CW    |    internet: k9cw@prairienet.org    |
|    ABW Associates, Ltd.     |   phone/fax: 217-643-7327           |