[TowerTalk] Remote head HF power meters

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Remote head HF power meters
From: beaton@wintermute.co.uk (Alastair Beaton)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 13:15:22 +0000
Hi All,

The discussion about the RadioShack wattmeter brought to mind a
similar (but probably better) product made by Wm Nye Co. This was a unit with
FWD and REF meters, PEP/HOLD/AVG measurement and a remote sensor
head. It also had a PTT line breaker and warning for excess VSWR. I
think a small selection of different heads was available. A neat feature was
that it could
be powered either by DC or just by RF.

A 160m colleague (GM3WTA) had one - I was deeply envious. We tested
it against a '43, and it was very accurate.

Does Nye still make it? Is Nye still in business?

73
Al, GM4BAP