[TowerTalk] RE: Coax Break-In, Aprils Fool, etc.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Coax Break-In, Aprils Fool, etc.
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 23:36:45 -0400
Hi Henry and all,

If you think April Fool has already passed... then why are the stores
filled with "Monster Speaker Cable"  and gold plated connectors that
have not a smidgen or skootsh of real gold in or on them.

Every day is April Fool's Day for the Hi-Fi enthusiasts.

But WAIT!  Didn't some company recently come out with a dipole center
connector that contained a large fifty ohm load resistor across the
coax terminals and the entire thing was sealed from prying eyes.  The
claim was that you could use this antenna on ALL BANDS with ANY LENGTH
OF WIRES and it would load beautifully!  I believe the claim was
accurate. I also believe the military bought loads of them.  I only
wish I were kidding on this one.

Please,  someone out there.... tell me it wasn't so or please confirm
what I'm saying is TRUE!

Roger, K2JAS