[TowerTalk] Kellems Grips---All You Ever Wanted.......

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Kellems Grips---All You Ever Wanted.......
From: seay@Alaska.NET (Del Seay)
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 06:28:56 -0700
Hi Larry:
Good to see the posting from you.

We do (or did, I don't climb much anymore) use the Kellum type grips for
hauling long runs of transline up towers, but after the cable hangers
are in place, we remove the grips. Several of the guys I know leave
them there forever.

I was talking to a friend yesterday who is installing PCS systems in the
U.S. and he is appalled at the quality of some of the tower companies
working in the industry. After listening to his description of some
of the PCS towers, I went away shaking my head.

73  de KL7HF